May 15, 2011 - NPD Recieves Patriot Award
On May 12, 2011 the Nashua Police Department was presented with the "Patriot Award" from the Department of Defense.
The Patriot Award recognizes organizations and companies that go above and beyond federal mandates in their support of employees they have who serve in the Guard or Reserve. The Patriot Award is given through a nomination process by Guard or Reserve Members or their spouses for Companies or Organizations they work for that have shown a strong commitment to their Guard and Reserve Employees. This nomination is then reviewed for approval or disapproval by the Employee Support of the Guard and Reserve Organization (ESGR) which falls under the Department of Defense. The items that the ESGR look at are a combination of the following:
- Demonstrates support for service in the National Guard and Reserve through such actions as:
- Maintains contact with Guard & Reserve employees while they are on annual training or mobilized.
- Participates in ESGR programs (Statement of Support signings, Employer Briefings, Bosslifts, and others).
- Publicly acknowledges the contributions of Reserve component employees to our Nation's defense through actions such as:
- Sponsors a company Guard & Reserve recognition day.
- Features Guardsmen and Reservists in Company bulletin boards, in newsletters or at meetings.
- Supports Guard & Reserve employees beyond USERRA law requirements
- Has a published leave policy.
- Has a published military mobilization policy.
- Provides pay differential during periods of military training.
- Provides pay differential during mobilizations.
- Provides paid military leave.
- Provides continuation of insurance and monetary benefits during mobilizations.
- Supports Guard & Reserve employee families’ during mobilizations.
- Assigns a company sponsor to families of Guard & Reserve employees that have been deployed.
- Holds informational meetings and offers other means of communication for family members of Guard & Reserve employees who have been deployed.
SEE Archived News